Maltitol is a sugar alcohol (polyol) used as a sugar substitute. It has 90% the sweetness of sugar and nearly identical properties, except for browning. It is used to very easily replace sugar and has less food energy, does not promote tooth decay and has a somewhat lower blood sugar response. Unfortunately, maltitol is well known to cause gastric distress, particularly if consumed in great quantities. Chemically, maltitol is also known as 4-O-alpha-Glucopyranosyl-D-sorbitol. Commercially, it is known under trade names such as Maltisorb and Maltisweet. Due to its slow absorption, excessive consumption of Maltitol can have laxative effect and often can cause gas and/or bloating. Maltitol is particularly demonized regarding gastric side effects because it is so easy for food producers to use it in vast quantities (due to its amazingly sugar-like properties) so consumers often end up consuming far more than they could most other sugar alcohols.
Maltitol's high sweetness allows it to be used without being mixed with other sweeteners. It exhibits a negligible cooling effect (positive heat of solution) in comparison with other sugar alcohols, and is very similar to the subtle cooling effect of sucrose. It is used in candy manufacture, particularly sugar-free hard candy, chewing gum, chocolates, baked goods, and ice cream.
Maltitol syrup, a hydrogenated starch hydrolysate, is created by hydrogenating corn syrup, a mixture of carbohydrates produced from the hydrolysis of starch. This product contains between 50% and 80% maltitol by weight. The remainder is mostly sorbitol, with a small quantity of other sugar-related substances.
1. Maltitol hardly decomposes in human body. Therefore, it can be used as foodstuff for patients suffering from diabetes and adipose.
2. As maltitol is good in mouth feeling, moisture protection and non-crystalline, it can be used in production of various candies, including fermentative cotton candy, hard candy, transparent jelly drops, etc.
3. Features of throat smoothing, tooth cleaning and preventing tooth decay for chewing gum candy pills and chocolate.
4. With a certain viscosity and hard for fermentation, it can be used as substitution for granulated sugar in suspension fruit juice beverage and lactic acid bevergae to improve mouth feeling.
5. It can be used in ice cream to improve refinement and sweet taste, and prolong shelf life.
syrup: 25kg/drum, about 15mts /20'gp
delivery time: about 20days after the order confirmed
Q1: Can I get some samples?
A: Yes, free samples are available for most of our products, you only need to pay the shipping cost.
Q2: How to confirm the quality before orders?
A: Two ways, either by free samples, or send us the detailed specifications,we will arrange the production as per your requirement.
Q3: What's your MOQ?
A: Normally 1 kg, but smaller quantity is also acceptable for some special products.
Q4: What's the delivery lead time?
A:7-15 days after payment.
Q5: How about discount?
A: Mainly based on quantity, also some promotional products with special discount from time to time.
Q6: How to contact us?
A: IM: Trademanager, Skype, Whatsapp, Wechat; Call us directly or send us email.